When I want a quick meal for dinner, I always turn to a one-skillet stir fry! It’s full of flavor, and can be made differently every time depending on what you have available in your fridge!
Last night I wanted to do a little freezer clean out by utilizing what I had in my arsenal to make up my stir fry! I saw I had a chicken breast, large shrimp, and some frozen green beans, and that’s all I needed! Combined with some soy sauce, fish sauce, garlic, Thai chiles and Cajun spices, this skillet stir fry came together perfectly!
Cajun Chicken and Shrimp Stir Fry
The perfect one-skillet meal in 30 minutes or less!
- 1lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 12 oz. boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs, cut into cubes
- 2 cups frozen green beans
- 2tbs dried basil
- 2tbs minced garlic
- 2tbs fish sauce
- 2 tbs soy sauce (I use liquid aminos)
- Cajun seasoning, to taste
- Garlic powder, to taste
- 1/3 cup Thai chilis
- 2tbs olive oil
- Chop chicken breast(s) into cubes and cover with basil, garlic powder, and Cajun seasoning. Separately, season shrimp with same ingredients as the chicken.
- Place green beans in a colander and run under cool water for a few seconds to knock off the chill from the freezer; place in paper towel and gently press/squeeze out the moisture.
- Pour olive oil in skillet and heat on medium high.
- Once heated, add in chicken and sear on all sides until cooked through and browned.
- Remove chicken from skillet and add in shrimp; cook shrimp on both sides for 2 minutes each. Add additional oil if needed.
- Reduce heat to medium and add in green beans and stir to mix with shrimp.
- Add in minced garlic, fish sauce, soy sauce, and Thai chilis, and stir.
- Add in chicken and mix with stir fry until well blended; reduce heat to medium low and let cook for 5 minutes.
- Pair with white or brown rice, or enjoy it on its own!