Since the day I discovered brown rice pasta at Trader Joe’s my life has been forever changed! My love for pasta has been restored, as I try to stay true to a gluten-free diet! This Cajun Shrimp and Bacon pasta in a lemon-garlic olive oil sauce, is an amazingly flavored meal! Feel free to use traditional pasta as well if you need those carbs!
Cajun Bacon and Shrimp Pasta
This shrimp and bacon pasta recipe is fresh, full of flavor, and low carb!
- 8oz brown rice fettuccine
- 1lb medium or large shrimp
- 4 strips of bacon
- 5 garlic cloves. minced
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- Cajun seasoning, to taste
- Italian seasoning, to taste
- Boil a large, salted pot of water for the pasta. Cook al dente according to package directions.
- Use kitchen shears to cut up bacon. Fry the bacon over medium-high heat in a skillet until crispy. Take the bacon out of the pan and set aside. Drain out bacon grease and leave the crumb and a tablespoon of the bacon fat.
- Add in butter and olive oil.
- Once butter is melted, add in garlic, bell pepper and onion and cook until soft and onion is transparent.
- Add shrimp; season with Cajun seasoning and Italian seasoning, and cook until shrimp is just cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add drained, cooked pasta and 1/4 cup of reserved pasta water; toss to coat. Stir until heated through.
- Add oil to skillet and heat on medium-high.
- Remove pasta from heat and stir in fresh lemon juice and zest, and parsley.