Your love for pasta will be taken to new heights with this amazing quick-and-easy seafood pasta!
Sometimes pastas can be super heavy but this dish is filling without leaving you bloated.
I personally always opt for a gluten-free pasta but you’re free to use your favorite one!
The pasta is sauced with olive oil and butter, which makes it lighter rather than having a dense cream-based sauce.
As with most dishes I cook, I like it spicy! The shrimp and scallops are seasoned with Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning, and I also add in red pepper flakes to the pasta for an extra kick!
Another great thing about this pasta is that it’s super quick. In 20-30 minutes you’re plating and enjoying this at lunch or dinner.
Blackened Scallop and Shrimp Pasta
You'll enjoy this light pasta that's full of rich flavors!
- 1/2lb gluten free spaghetti (or other pasta of your choice)
- 8-10 oz scallops
- 8-12 oz shrimps, peeled and deveined
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter
- green onions, finely chopped (about 1-2 tablespoons)
- 2 tbsp capers, drained
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- paprika, to taste
- Tony Chachere’s BOLD Seasoning
- olive oil
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, with water seasoned with a couple pinches of salt. Drain and reserve a little bit of pasta water.
- Pat scallops and shrimps dry with paper towel and sprinkle both sides of each with Tony’s seasoning and paprika.
- Add olive oil to skillet over medium- high heat. Add scallops and let them sear Leave them untouched and for 2-4 minutes until the bottom is browned. Flip and sear the other side for 1-2 minutes until brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add a little more oil to the pan if needed, add in shrimps and sear for 1-2 minutes on each side until slightly browned. Set aside with scallops.
- Reduce heat to medium, add more oil to the pan and then add garlic. Let sauté for a few seconds until fragrant.
- Deglaze with white wine and let it cook for about 20 seconds. Add in pasta with reserved water, butter, Italian seasoning shrimp and scallops.
- Mix everything together until butter is melted and flavors are combined. Add in more oil to desired amount of coating is reached. Continue to season to taste. Add in red pepper flakes to desired spice level.
- Transfer to serving plates and top with green onions.