Another healthy and full flavor pasta dish that’s quick and easy!
I love pasta but it can be unforgiving when you have body goals! That’s why I’m so thankful to the good Lord above for gluten free pastas! Trader Joes, Whole Foods, and sometimes your standard grocery store will be stocked with gluten free alternatives like lentil and quinoa, rice flour, or brown rice pastas! Typically, I opt for the brown rice spaghetti because it aligns with brown rice that’s already in my diet!
In terms of core pasta components, Trader Joes’s made this a one-stop-shop to get everything to make it come alive! Heavy cream and cream cheese are the typical vehicles used to make a creamy pasta sauce, but I use coconut milk to achieve the same creaminess without the added calories! It’s up to personal preference but I don’t need my pasta swimming in a sauce; I like my noodles just lightly coated in sauce and I’m good!
Shrimp & Broccolini Pasta in a Creole Dill Sauce
A flavorful and healthy spin on pasta has arrived!
- 2lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails on (optional)
- 12oz brown rice spaghetti, or pasta of your choice
- 2 cups of broccolini, chopped
- 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1tbsp butter
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable broth
- 2tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 cup coconut cream or full fat coconut milk*
- 1/4 Cup fresh dill, chopped
- Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning, to taste
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- Italian seasoning, to taste
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and add pasta. Cook pasta to al dente, per package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil and butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Season shrimp with Italian seasoning and Tony Chachere’s, add to hot skillet. Cook for 2 minutes on each side and then remove shrimp from pan.
- Add the broccolini to the pan and toss into pan drippings (add a little more olive oil if needed). Lower heat to medium, cover the pan with a lid, and cook broccolini for 3 minutes.
- Remove broccolini from pan and pour in the vegetable broth, lemon juice, and coconut milk. Stir in cayenne and Tony Chachere’s.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for about 15 minutes, allowing the sauce to reduce and get a little thicker. Stir in dill and simmer for 5 more minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Add the shrimp and broccolini back into the pan and let it heat through. Drain the pasta and add into sauce pan. Mix until noodles and sauce are well incorporated.
- Add serving to a pasta bowl and top with fresh dill.