Another Cajun one pot meal perfect as the main course or as a side!
Dirty rice is hands down one of my favorite meals to make when I’m hungry for something flavorful but want something quick!
The holy trinity of onions, bell peppers, and celery, combined with ground beef and pork sausage, come together perfectly with a Cajun spices that leaves you wanting more and more!
Weezyana Dirty Rice
Perfect as a side to chicken or fish, or as the main course!
- 1lb ground Italian sausage
- 1lb ground beef
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 2tsp garlic, minced
- Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning, to taste
- Italian Seasoning, to taste
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 1/2 cups raw rice (4-5 cups cooked rice)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- Heat a large skillet on medium high, and add in ground beef and sausage.
- While the meat is cooking, begin cooking your rice according to package instructions, using chicken broth instead of water.
- Once the meats are almost fully cooked through, add in garlic and the holy trinity (bell pepper, onion and celery).
- As the mixture is cooking, add in all seasonings; stir and taste, adjusting seasoning to your preference.
- Stir in flour.
- Add in bay leaves and let mixture simmer on medium low for 5 minutes.
- Fold in cooked rice to combine with the meat mixture.
- Top with fresh parsley before serving.