A 30-minute, one-skillet dinner that you’re going to love!
I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: I love a one pot/skillet meal! Life is busy and we can all use more easy dinner ideas!
These skillet pork chops and fried potatoes are so filling, so easy, and so, so good!
Skillet Pork Chops and Potatoes
A quick-and-easy weekday meal to add in the rotation!
– 2 pork chops
– Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning, to taste
– Italian seasoning, to taste
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– 2 tbsp vegetable oil
– 2 tbsp butter
– 3 cloves garlic, peeled
– 1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped
– 1/2lb red potatoes (about 2 potatoes)
1. Generously season pork chops with all seasonings and let sit out to get to room temperature.
2. Cut each potato into fours lengthwise, then cut each quarter crosswise.
3. Add vegetable oil to a cast iron skillet over medium heat; once hot, add in the potatoes, and toss so they are all covered in the oil; season with all seasonings, and then arrange them in a single layer; cover with a lid for 10-15 minutes.
4. After 10-15 minutes, flip potatoes to cook on their other side; leave skillet uncovered and allow potatoes to cook until tender and brown on all sides.
5. Once done, add in 1 tbsp of the butter, tossing the potatoes to cover, and allow butter to melt. Remove potatoes from skillet with a slotted spoon/spatula.
6. Increase heat a little to medium-high and add the olive oil, remaining butter and the garlic cloves, and stir until fragrant.
7. Place the pork chops in the skillet and cook for 3 to 5 minutes on each side until browned throughly.
8. When you flip the chops to their opposite side, begin to baste the top side with the oil and butter in the skillet. Add in chopped basil around the chops and then baste the mixture on top of the pork chops