Skip to Content
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
- Tony Chachere’s Spice N’ Herbs Seasoning, to taste
- Italian seasoning – to taste
- 2 Tbsps extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- 6 fresh garlic cloves, crushed whole
- 1/2 cup chicken bone broth
- 2 Tbsps raw honey
- juice & the zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp gluten-free flour, or brown rice flour
- freshly chopped parsley or basil
- additional lemon slices for garnish (optional)
- Place saran wrap over chicken breasts and hit each with a meat pounder/tenderizer until they’re equally half-an-inch thick.
- Season chicken with Tony Chachere’s Spice N’ Herbs, and the Italian seasoning.
- Pour olive oil in skillet and place on medium high heat.
- Sauté chicken until golden browned and juices run clear- about 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Remove your chicken from skillet, then set aside and cover.
- In the same skillet, add crushed garlic cloves and sauté for 1 minute over medium heat, until fragrant.
- Pour in chicken broth and bring to a simmer, scraping all the brown bits from the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon.
- Add in the raw honey, lemon juice, lemon zest, and flour; quickly whisk until the flour is well blended in mixture.
- Keep at simmer and stir until sauce thickens; return chicken to the skillet and spoon sauce on top.
- Cook for another minute, or until chicken is heated is cooked through.
- Garnish with chopped parsley or basil.